Executives Peer-to-peer Groups And Their Benefits: Asia Pacific
At peer groups, you meet with leaders who match your level of management to utilize one another experience and convert knowledge to business value in everyday business life.
You learn, share and apply your knowledge in a professional peer group, and inspire each other with new perspectives, whatever the industry.
Members of a peer group are likely to influence other’s behavior and beliefs. They discuss, comment on and help other members of the group make their business better.
Peer-to-peer groups are a great way to get inexpensive and quality advice. Peer-to-peer groups can be intensely bonding and can provide solutions to long-standing business problems that you might be trying to overcome. At TheNewHandshake, the leaders come together to support each other’s professional development.
According to John McCarthy, who is the father of Artificial Intelligence, an AI is "The science and designing of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent PC programs".
Artificial intelligence is a way of making a computer robot or a software think intelligently same as an intelligent human thinks. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the concept of having machines "think like humans".
AI has a huge effect on your life. Whether you are aware or not, it has already influenced your life style and it is very much likely to grow in coming years.
Here are some examples of AI that you are already using in your daily life:
• Your personal assistant Siri - It is an intelligent digital personal assistant on various platform (Windows, Android, and iOS). It provides you an assistance whenever you ask for it using your voice.
• Smart cars - Google's self-driving car, and Tesla's "auto-pilot" feature are two examples of Artificial Intelligence.
• Recommended products or Purchase prediction - Large retailers like Amazon, recommend you the products, send coupons to you, offer discounts, target advertisements on the basis of the shopping you earlier had by a predictive analytics algorithm.
• Music and movie recommendation services - Pandora, and Netflix recommend music and movies based on the interest you've expressed and judgements you have made in the past.
Other simple examples of AI influencing our daily life are:
- Facebook provides recommended photo tags, using face recognition.
- Amazon provides recommended products, using machine learning algorithms.
- Waze (a GPS and maps app) optimal routes, all at the click of a button.
- Spotify knows my music preferences and curates personalized playlists for me.
As per Marc Benioff, AI is going to impact corporate world, employees will be faster, smarter and more productive. It will learn from the data. Ultimately, it will understand what customers want before even they know and it could be a game-changer in the CRM industry.
Salesforce already bought productivity, and machine learning startups RelatedIQ, Metamind, and Tempo AI in 2014.
AI (Artificial Intelligence) in salesforce is not about time-travelling robots trying to kill us, or evil machines using humans as batteries in giant factories. Here we are not talking about some summer blockbusters, we are talking about the salesforce AI which will make your daily experience smarter, by embedding daily predictive intelligence into your apps.
So, what is AI?
AI is not killer robots; it is killer technology.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the concept of having machines "think like humans" - in other words, perform tasks like reasoning, planning, learning, and understanding language.
Customer focused AI: Salesforce Einstein
Salesforce is focusing on creating a platform for solving the customer problems across Sales, Service, Marketing and IT in a completely new way by using Salesforce Einstein.
Salesforce Einstein is built into the core of the Salesforce Platform. It enables anyone to use clicks or code to build AI-powered apps.
With Salesforce Einstein, we can have answer of these type of questions:
- Are you sure that you are servicing your customers by the right client?
- Are you sure that your customers are getting services on the right channel?
- Is it correct to say that you are offering the right item to the right customer at the right time?
- Is it correct to say that you are using the right channel for marketing your products at perfect time with best substance?
Salesforce Einstein is your data scientist
Einstein is like having your own data scientist dedicated to bringing AI to every customer relationship. It learns from all your data - CRM data, email, calendar, social, ERP, and IoT - and delivers predictions and recommendations in context of what you're trying to do.
AI has the ability to transform CRM using Salesforce Einstein
- Sales people can spend more time in visiting customers, not in entering data in CRM.
- Sales people can now better understand the customer requirement and when they need it.
- Sales people can close deals faster by predicting the next step for every customer.
- A service agent could suggest a solution to the customer even before he asked for it.
- Service agent can offer cross-sell at the right time to the right customer.
- Marketing user can easily reach to the right customer at the right time.
- Marketing user know who could be the best audience for each campaign.
- He can easily identify the customer requirement so he delivers the perfect content to every customer.
Salesforce Einstein enables everyone to discover new ways, predict outcomes so help in decision making, recommend next steps, and automates most of your activities so that you can spend most of your time in building strong relationship with customers rather than making entries in system.
What will AI give me that I didn't already have?
Predictive scoring -Predictive lead scoring gives each sales lead a score representing the likelihood it will convert into an opportunity. You also get the reasons
behind the score - for instance the lead source, the industry, or some other factor is an especially strong indicator that a lead will or won't convert.
Forecasting -AI can also be used to predict the future value of something, like a stock portfolio or a real estate investment. If you're a sales manager, AI can predict your quarterly bookings and let you know ahead of time whether or not your team is on track to meet its quota.
Recommendations - Anyone who shops online knows that AI makes suggestions for retail purchases, but it can also make smart recommendations for any other product or service category from business software to tax consulting to cargo containers. And AI can also recommend things other than products - for instance, which white paper you should email a prospect in order to optimize your chance to close a deal.
Who can use AI in the enterprise
Anyone in organization can easily use AI to analyze their data, predict and plan next steps, and automate their tasks and decisions. With Einstein's comprehensive AI for CRM:
• Sales can anticipate next opportunities and exceed customer expectations by knowing what a customer needs before the customer does
• Service can deliver proactive service by anticipating cases and resolving issues before they become problems
• Marketing can create predictive journeys and personalize customer experiences like never before
• IT can embed intelligence everywhere and create smarter apps for employees and customers
What is Machine Learning
Machine learning is the core driver of AI. It's the concept of having computers learn from data with minimal programming.
Two kinds of peer-to-peer groups are: moderated group, where the members moderate meetings themselves, and facilitated groups, where a trained facilitator runs the meetings.
There are organizations who help put together these groups with a very formalized structure.
While putting together a peer-to-peer group, the important steps are:
- Confidentiality. Trust is likely the most important thing the group must have. Everything that happens in the group must stay in the group.
- Keep the group membership small. It’s important that everyone in the group has time to speak.
- Mandatory meeting attendance. Commitment to the group is one of the keys for group’s success. Meet face-to-face. Meet atleast four times a year; better is to meet once a month.
- Agenda. Time is important and make sure its well spent.
- Frank and honest discussion. You need to be honest and ask open-ended questions. No personal attacks in group. Peer-to-peer groups help you find your own answers.
- Limit Advice. Give advice only when asked. First, learn to listen. Peer-to-peer groups need to understand an issue before anyone starts to give advice.
- Different people. Have people from different industries in your group, and you’ll get different points of views. Respect others.
- Learning plan. Members must create a learning plan. A good plan sets performance goals.
Peer learning groups in TheNewHandshake accelerate growth for leaders and managers. Peer-to-peer coaching in groups is a powerful approach to leadership development. Peer groups provide a more formalized outlet for learning from the experiences of peers.
Marketing Strategy: 7 Steps to Market Segmentation
Start with trust – work to create trust within the peer relationships. Curate membership – create a group with shared core values and an environment for growth. Work on relationships.
Peer groups are a fast track to better management. In a peer group everything gets shared and everyone is accountable to each other. Be sure to have an open mind as you enter a peer group. Set some goals on what you want to get out of the experience.
TheNewHandshake is more than just a Business network