Executives Peer-to-peer Groups And Their Benefits: Asia Pacific
At peer groups, you meet with leaders who match your level of management to utilize one another experience and convert knowledge to business value in everyday business life.
You learn, share and apply your knowledge in a professional peer group, and inspire each other with new perspectives, whatever the industry.
Members of a peer group are likely to influence other’s behavior and beliefs. They discuss, comment on and help other members of the group make their business better.
Peer-to-peer groups are a great way to get inexpensive and quality advice. Peer-to-peer groups can be intensely bonding and can provide solutions to long-standing business problems that you might be trying to overcome. At TheNewHandshake, the leaders come together to support each other’s professional development.
Developing brand strategy is extremely critical. The most important asset your company has is its brand. Quite simply, for better or worse, it drives the direction of your business. You should definitely have a well thought out brand strategy in place. Unfortunately, too many companies don't have a brand strategy, or have an inconsistent brand strategy. A brand strategy company should realize there's probably a good reason you may not be paying attention to your brand strategy--you're busy running your business.
What you don't realize is that a proper brand strategy can make running your business easier and more profitable. A brand strategy is truly powerful, and a brand strategy company should be ready to help you find and develop the right brand strategy for your company.
Just how important is it that you hire someone who understands what makes a solid brand strategy? Consider this. Say you want to remodel your kitchen. If you were to do it yourself with no prior experience, it would take a lot of time and a lot of trial and error to get it right. That's why it's a better idea to hire a good contractor to get the job done right the first time and on budget. The same is true for brand strategy.
Creating the right brand strategy for your business requires research and a great deal of thought on how to creatively execute a brand strategy that captivates your audience. Then, it takes a talented group of creative branding strategy gurus to execute it. A branding company should be ready to be your "contractor" and develop a brand strategy that works for your business.
Two kinds of peer-to-peer groups are: moderated group, where the members moderate meetings themselves, and facilitated groups, where a trained facilitator runs the meetings.
There are organizations who help put together these groups with a very formalized structure.
While putting together a peer-to-peer group, the important steps are:
- Confidentiality. Trust is likely the most important thing the group must have. Everything that happens in the group must stay in the group.
- Keep the group membership small. It’s important that everyone in the group has time to speak.
- Mandatory meeting attendance. Commitment to the group is one of the keys for group’s success. Meet face-to-face. Meet atleast four times a year; better is to meet once a month.
- Agenda. Time is important and make sure its well spent.
- Frank and honest discussion. You need to be honest and ask open-ended questions. No personal attacks in group. Peer-to-peer groups help you find your own answers.
- Limit Advice. Give advice only when asked. First, learn to listen. Peer-to-peer groups need to understand an issue before anyone starts to give advice.
- Different people. Have people from different industries in your group, and you’ll get different points of views. Respect others.
- Learning plan. Members must create a learning plan. A good plan sets performance goals.
Peer learning groups in TheNewHandshake accelerate growth for leaders and managers. Peer-to-peer coaching in groups is a powerful approach to leadership development. Peer groups provide a more formalized outlet for learning from the experiences of peers.
Marketing Strategy: 7 Steps to Market Segmentation
Start with trust – work to create trust within the peer relationships. Curate membership – create a group with shared core values and an environment for growth. Work on relationships.
Peer groups are a fast track to better management. In a peer group everything gets shared and everyone is accountable to each other. Be sure to have an open mind as you enter a peer group. Set some goals on what you want to get out of the experience.
TheNewHandshake is more than just a Business network